IT Helpdesk Technician
Location: Terrassa, Barcelona (Spain)
Responsible for giving support to the employees of Neklar Group regarding IT and communication issues. This position is on the front line and is the first contact with the employees of Neklar Group who are having technical IT-related troubles and is responsible for finding a solution or looking for one in collaboration with suppliers and IT staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers requests from employees to IT department in different ways (phone, e-mail, IM …) and logging them in the Help Desk Tracking System.
- Provides general IT assistance and training to employees with the use of software and hardware.
- Troubleshoots and resolves end-user hardware, operating systems and software-related problems.
- Troubleshoots and resolves network and server access problems for end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with voice and data communications (WAN, VLAN, firewall, VPN, PBX, voice mail system,…).
- Forwards technical support issues that can not be addressed by the Help Desk to the appropriate technician.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree or Technical Degree in Information Technology minimum is required.
- Preferred experience of 1 years working with computer technology in a business environment.
- High level in speaking, writing and comprehension in English.